Lobo Life

The Student News Site of Calla High School

Lobo Life

Lobo Life

Delta College Delivers Message to Become a Mustang

San Joaquin Delta College (SJDC) was on the Calla High School campus yesterday. The Lobos assembled in the cafeteria to hear about the many ways to further their education by attending classes at Delta.

Delta College offers lots of opportunities to expand skills and knowledge. SJDC provides students opportunities to increase their learning and earning power from academics to trades. The presenter, Jessica Torres, captured the attention of the Calla students and extolled the benefits of seeking education post-high school.

Delta College offers associate degrees, certificates, and opportunities to build transfer credits for those students wishing to attend 4-year universities. Students who attend Delta can find benefits in the flexible scheduling (days, nights, and online), location (Stockton, Mountain House, and Manteca campuses), and special services and support (counseling, health center, tutoring, and basic needs). Also, SJDC provides academic and personal success support as each student is assigned mentors (teachers, staff, and students) to help guide students through the process of enrollment and steps to help with academic and personal growth.

In addition to the academic stepping-stones toward better job prospects, SJDC provides opportunities to connect with its diverse class offerings. A wide variety of class choices is offered to help students find exciting avenues and a full breadth of learning opportunities. Future Mustangs can choose from arts and humanities, business, communication and languages, health and fitness, and career and technical education.

The first two years are free for first-time and full-time students (a minimum of 12 credits constitutes full-time) as long as the FAFSA or CA Dream Act financial aid packages are completed and good academic standing is maintained. Students can apply for scholarships or other financial aid packages if more financial aid is required. Applications are online, or new students can attend workshops to explore all the financial aid opportunities.

For more information about San Joaquin Delta College, call the school at (209) 954-5151 extension 6008 or email Jessica Torres at [email protected].