Lobo Life

The Student News Site of Calla High School

Lobo Life

Lobo Life

Game Club
New Club at Calla
March 1, 2024

Lobos Level Up with First Spirit Week

Lobo Life Staff
Calla teachers show their enthusiasm on Western Day.

Calla High School hosted its annual Back-to-School Spirit Week Aug. 21-25. Spirit weeks are held throughout the year to give the students a fun opportunity to demonstrate the campus energy and unify the school community. This year’s first week of spirit was no exception.

“We had great participation for spirit week,” said Leadership adviser and teacher Shane Armstrong. “Not only was it a great turnout, but it was also equally successful because of the tremendous dedication of our student leaders.”

Spirit Week is a tradition commonly observed in schools where students and staff participate in a series of themed dress-up days and activities over the course of a week. Spirit Week fosters a sense of unity and pride among students and staff. It encourages school pride and a feeling of belonging within the school community.

The school’s leadership team planned daily themes and held lunchtime activities each day to promote the festivities. Tatiana Sanchez was the organizational leader, while Emily Saleen helmed artistic support duties. Ariana Ruelas, Scarlett Guzman, Elmo Acosta, and Tony Ring provided additional technical and logistical support.

Themes included Western, Little White Lies, Dress Like a Teacher, Jersey, and Twin Days. The amount of school spirit from the students was truly incredible.

“Without the efforts of these amazing students, spirit week wouldn’t have been possible,” Armstrong said. “I want to thank them for helping us execute a successful event and Ms. Bryson for her input.”

Calla will hold its next spirit week the week of Oct. 2-6. Themes will be announced on Sept. 29.